So as many of you know I have decided to track my progress on this journey of training for a 1/2 marathon. That is 21.1 kms for you who didn't know, or didn't care, till now of course. I have to make it work! For some reason this is such a big deal to me. I feel like I have something to prove. I don't think I have actually finished anything in my life. I decide I want to start a new hobby and I end up quitting before the classes for it are even over and start something new. Well, training hasn't even officially started and I have worked out 3 times this week. That's a good start. And yikes am I sore already.
I'm doing this for many reasons, most importantly, this race is to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I guess there is one thing in life I have completed, Lymphoma. I am a survivor and I want to make a difference for others.
I'm trying to get my sisters to join me in this adventure and train for this awesome race. I think they don't want to cause they are worried I will just quit on them, like everything else. The truth hurts. Maybe it's because I am a busy body and can't sit still, just like my 3 and 1/2 year old. I don't really know why I'm like that. I lose interest? I don't know. I'm not like that at a job. I put my heart and soul into a job, just anything for me I seem to slack on.
Well, I am going to do this. For me of course. But also to show I have grown up and matured into a wonderful young lady. A survivor, a mother, a friend, a sister and a daughter. I am going to do this for many reasons. No quitting! Not an option this time. If someone has to drag me across that finish line so be it!
I'm Gonna Do It!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment