So my purpose of this blog is to track my progress and journey of life as I train for my 1/2 marathon. I am finding I am sore more often than not and I haven't even been trying that hard yet. Official training with my coach doesn't start until February 12th and I just wanted a head start, so I have been running a bit on my own. By running I mean waddling on the treadmill at the gym for 5 minutes of running then a minute of walking. I can only do this a few times before I am dripping in sweat and I feel like I can't go any further. I am excited to be training with a group twice a week shortly, because I feel I will be able to push myself farther with other people. For example. I was at a fitness show a few weeks ago and I was all of a sudden able to do 10 girl pushups in a row with people around watching. At home, 3. What is this all about? I don't get it. How come we can't push ourselves enough? The good thing is, yesturday, Friday, was my rest day and I am itching to go to the gym later today. Even if it's only for my 20 minutes of probably hilarious entertainment for others at the gym. I just find myself feeling so much better when I go.
That's only half my battle right now. Food is the other half. With working out, I find I want to eat more. The bad thing. I know what I should eat but instead I reach for junk. That's what I have done the past few years. That's the reason I have gained 20 pounds over the last year of my life. yuk. This needs to change. It's just a battle. Anyone who has ever tried to lose weight knows how I feel. I find myself picking up things in the last aisle at the grocerie store. And not a small bag, a big one. I swear this time there was only one option, there was no small. Then I end up eating it all. It's crazy. Anywho. No one said a healthy life change would be easy.
Lastly, the reason for me doing this 1/2 marathon is to raise money. Anyone that has fundraising ideas for me, let me know. And don't forget every dollar is needed. I would love if I could get all my friends and family to each donate 10 dollars. That's it. More if you like of course but at least 10. Anything over 10 you get a tax receipt and you make me that much closer to my goal of 3500.00. Please go to tinyurl.com/survivorgirl and donate. Please and thank you for your support.
No comments:
Post a Comment