Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ready Set Go

So I have officially started my training. Today was day one and a good day it was. I was the very last person back to the meeting point after the run, but I don't really care. Someone has to be in last, and who better than me to be at the back?  My training will help. I will need to work out 4 times a week and of course I can only get better. I will probably always be at the back but that's ok. It's not about time or who's in front or behind, it's about crossing the finish line after training for 21.1 kms and doing something for myself this year. And most importantly not quitting!! I always quit stuff. I join a program or a project and I never finish. So this year is about me. On my way home today I was feeling so pumped I stopped and got my nose pierced. Looking all gross and sticky in my running clothes, I closed my eyes and said "do it before I change my mind". And then... "ouch!". Done, just like that. Another thing on my list. Maybe next week I will get another tatoo. Maybe. So here I go, all pumped and excited to embark on my new life. I feel like I'm 20 again.

Oh and for those who get this, I GOT A MEDAL TODAY!! Woo Hoo.

1 comment:

  1. good read Christine, way to go on running ,you will only get and feel better

    ReplyDelete